Southern Breeze, LLC - Apartment Admission Guidelines
The purpose of this form is to notify you that a Consumer Report, defined as ANY report used to determine an individual’s eligibility, as outlined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which includes tenant screening, will be conducted on you in the course of determining your eligibility as a prospective tenant. I hereby authorize Western Reporting or any agent of Western Reporting acting on behalf of Southern Breeze, LLC, bearing this release or copy thereof, (1) obtain a consumer report for credit purposes, (2) to contact any and all law enforcement agencies, city, county/parish, state and federal courts to release information about my background including, but not limited to, information about my criminal record and general public records history to the person or company with which this form has been filed. This releases the previously mentioned parties and all persons and organizations providing information from all claims and liabilities of any nature in connection with this research. I hereby further authorize that a photocopy of this authorization may be considered as valid as the original. This release shall remain in effect for the length of my tenant relationship. I understand I have the right to obtain a copy of this consumer report if; (1) Any adverse action/decision is made based on the information in the consumer report, & (2) If the request is made in writing within 60 days of the adverse action. I believe to the best of my knowledge that all information I have provided is accurate, true and correct and that I fully understand the terms of this release.
While the information contained in the reports provided has been obtained from public record data sources deemed reliable, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed due to potential human error in the actual recording of the record. Since this information is not owned by Western Reporting and since public records data on any one individual, group of individuals, company or companies can be contained in more than on repository, Western Reporting can only rely on its accuracy form the public record data sources presently available at the time of the search. This information is furnished for your exclusive use and accepted by you without any liability on the part of Western Reporting, its sources, officers, agents or employees. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify Western Reporting, its sources, officers, agents or employees of any liability for the use of this information and shall agree that the right to obtain and the purpose for this information, for your exclusive use, is fully within the appropriate law or laws which apply to the permissible purpose of retrieving background information on an individual’s criminal records history.
Toll Free Phone: 800-466-1996
Toll Free Fax: 800-351-4558
Southern Breeze, LLC | Apartment Admission Guidelines
The following criteria must be met by all applicants before they will be approved for occupancy of an apartment.
1. Applicants must provide evidence that monthly income will be equal to or greater than 3 times the monthly rent. Length of employment and salary must be verified. Income from divorce, interest and other permanent income must be verified. Gifts (income) from a parent or grandparent must be verified with cancelled checks or bank statements and must have been received for three (3) consecutive months prior to application. Income from a parent or grandparent should not exceed $300.00 per month in calculation of gross income.
2. Copy of prior two years tax returns required for self-employed applicants.
PAST HOUSING RECORD
Applicants must have a satisfactory two-year rental history or mortgage payment history. History will be verified. For first time apartment dwellers, verification of residency with parent will be acceptable.
Applicant with established credit:
a. Activity on at least two (2) installments or revolving accounts must be verified for at least six (6) months.
b. There can be no more than one outstanding “three” rated account, this being an I- or R-3. Any additional “three” or higher rated accounts can be considered with an increased deposit. In this event, the security deposit will be equal to one additional month’s rent.
c. Minimum credit score of 550.
- Applicants with no established credit that meet the income criteria, past housing criteria and employment criteria may be approved by the property manager with an increased deposit on one additional month’s rent.
- There can be no outstanding judgments or repossessions within a two (2) year period prior to application. Judgments and/or credit rated for medical expenses are exempt from credit criteria.
- There can be no bankruptcies within a two (2) year period prior to the application. Credit must be re-established to meet conditions set forth in item #1 – Credit Criteria.
- All young adults 18 years or older, living with parents or family on premises must:
b. Meet at a minimum, or credit and criminal criteria.
Applicants with no established credit that meet the income criteria, past housing criteria and employment criteria may be approved by the property manager with an increased deposit on one additional month’s rent. There can be no outstanding judgments or repossessions within a two (2) year period prior to application. Judgments and/or credit rated for medical expenses are exempt from credit criteria. There can be no bankruptcies within a two (2) year period prior to the application. Credit must be re-established to meet conditions set forth in item #1 – Credit Criteria. All young adults 18 years or older, living with parents or family on premises must:
All roommate type occupancy must qualify individually and must be a party to the lease agreement. Roommates can be approved if each roommate’s income is 3 times the monthly rent and all income guidelines are followed as outlined above. All other criteria listed herein must also be met.
Applicants must provide current state or federally issued photo identification prior to approval. Information from the identification provided will be transferred to a non-photo form and photo copied.
CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD
A criminal background history will be verified. A felony or misdemeanor involving drug use or negotiation a worthless instrument, a violent offense or other similar misdemeanor record will cause the application to be rejected.
- Full-time students that have no income may be approved with a parent as a co-signer. Parent must meet our admission guideline criteria. An alternate family member may be considered if approved by the senior property manager.
- If the student does not meet the credit criteria, a co-signer will not be acceptable.
- Applicants that are sixty-two (62) years of age or older with social security benefits must have verifiable monthly income of three (3) times the rental payment.
- A senior citizen must meet the admission guidelines for past housing and credit criteria.
- To determine income for a senior citizen, consideration will be given to the total sum of all savings, certificates of deposit, money market balances or other forms of investments. The sum of these investments will be divided by ten (10) to determine additional annual income. In the event a senior citizen is shy meeting the income requirement, then an offspring may co-sign with the parent. The offspring must meet the admission guidelines. These guidelines may be amended from time to time without notice.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APARTMENT ADMISSION GUIDELINES
By submitting our online application, I/we acknowledge the I/we have read the Apartment Admission Guidelines and understand the contents as evidenced by my/our electronic signature(s) below. I/We understand that this acknowledgement is a required part of the apartment application process.